La Solitude
English version Version francaise

"Our Foundation"

Our Lady of Sion was founded"to witness within the Church and throughout the world to God's faitful love for the jewish people and to his fidelity to the promises he revealed to the patriarchs and prophets of Israel for all humanity".
From its beginnings, Théodore forsaw the foundation of a contemplative branch alongside the apostolic communities.
In 1910, Mother Christine, superior at the boarding school of Sion at San José, Costa Rica, received God's calling to carry out the founder's desire.
In 1926, with two sisters she formed the first contemplative community, in the shadow of the Grandbourg boarding school. Four years later, the community settled in Father Théodore's old country home, "La Solitude".





Our beginnings | Our foundation | Our work | Our life

Tel. +33 (0) 1 60 77 21 32 - email : lasolievry@free.fr

Copyright© Info-Next 2002